|SAQA ID:||67042||NQF Level:||NQF 6|
|Duration Full-Time:||18 months (Mon – Thurs)||Credits:||180 (theory) + 180 (in-service training)|
|Duration Part-Time:||3 years (5:30PM – 8:00PM)|
(2 Evenings PW)
|Duration Practical:||18 months in-service training|
National N Diploma: Public Relations
Is this for me?
Do you enjoy people and events? Would you like to be involved in promoting a business to the public and the media? Public Relations (PR) is an important function in all business – big or small and involves creating and upholding a positive public image using all forms of media, events and promotions.
What do I need to get in?
- National Senior Certificate (Matric) or a Senior Certificate or
- An applicable NCV 4 programme
What certification do I get?
After you successfully complete each semester, you will achieve the following certification:
- National Certificate: N4 Public Relations (SAQA ID: 66879) NQF 5
- National Certificate: N5 Public Relations (SAQA ID: 66958) NQF 5
- National Certificate: N6 Public Relations (SAQA ID: 67003) NQF 5
The National N Diploma: Public Relations (SAQA ID: 67042) NQF Level 6 is awarded on completion of N4-N6 and 18 months/2000 hours relevant in-service training (documentary proof of applicable experience is required)
What modules are covered?
|National Certificate: N4 (6 months)|
|National Certificate: N5 (6 months)|
|National Certificate: N6 (6 months)|
|National N Diploma: Public Relations (SAQA ID: 67042)|
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed continuously throughout your studies and national examinations are written at the end of each semester that are set and administered by the DHET.
What career opportunities does it open for me?
- Public Relations Manager
- Media Liaison
- PR Script Writer
- Corporate Spokesperson
Where will the classes be held?
The course will be run at our East London Campus at 231 Upper Oxford Street, Southernwood. Off-street parking is available in the evenings.
What’s included in my course fee?
- ELMI Registration fee
- Tuition material and textbooks
- Classroom Lectures and personal mentorship
- Assignments and assessments
- Marking, moderation and verification
- ELMI Branded Kit Bag
- Access to ELMI campus events