|SAQA ID:||67051||NQF Level:||NQF 6|
|Duration Full-Time:||18 months (Mon – Thurs)||Credits:||180 (theory) + 180 (in-service training)|
|Duration Practical:||18 months in-service training||Practical Component:||Yes|
National N Diploma: Tourism
Is this for me?
Do you want to get into Travel and Tourism industry, which is the fastest growing not only in South Africa but worldwide? This programme will give you all of the skills that you will need to make your career in Tourism a success!
What do I need to get in?
- National Senior Certificate (Matric) or a Senior Certificate or
- An applicable NCV 4 programme
What certification do I get?
After you successfully complete each semester, you will achieve the following certification:
- National Certificate: N4 Tourism (SAQA ID: 66910) NQF 5
- National Certificate: N5 Tourism (SAQA ID: 66978) NQF 5
- National Certificate: N6 Tourism (SAQA ID: 67013) NQF 5
The National N Diploma: Tourism (SAQA ID: 67051) NQF Level 6 is awarded on completion of N4-N6 and 18 months/2000 hours relevant in-service training (documentary proof of applicable experience is required)
What modules are covered?
|National Certificate: N4 (6 months)||
|National Certificate: N5 (6 months)||
|National Certificate: N6 (6 months)||
|National N Diploma: Business Tourism (SAQA ID: 67051)||
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed continuously throughout your studies and national examinations are written at the end of each semester that are set and administered by the DHET.
What career opportunities does it open for me?
A career in an airline, arts & culture, hotels & food, ecotourism, conference & events. Hotel Management, Front Desk Staff, Catering, Tour operations
Where will the classes be held?
The course will be run at our East London Campus at 231 Upper Oxford Street, Southernwood. Off-street parking is available in the evenings.
What’s included in my course fee?
- ELMI Registration fee
- Tuition material and textbooks
- Classroom Lectures and personal mentorship
- Assignments and assessments
- Marking, moderation and verification
- ELMI Branded Kit Bag
- Access to ELMI campus events