|Duration:||14 Weeks||Classes:||Saturdays: 08:30-12:30 or Twice a week: 17:30-20:00|
Introduction to Graphic Design (101)
Is this for me?
This Short Learning Programme is ideal for new business owners, aspiring designers, community volunteers, as well as professionals working in the fields of Marketing and Communications. Join us to learn how to set up overall layout and production for advertisements, brochures, magazines, corporate reports and more. Or, if you are thinking about a future in Graphic Design, this is a great way to find out if this is the career for you!
What will I learn?
- Basic Graphic Design principles
- How to start and plan a project, generate ideas and do research
- Discover how to communicate well visually with images, signs and symbols
- How to create professional company corporate branding and logos
- Letterhead and corporate stationary design, email footers etc
- Manipulating and working with images and with various fonts (typography)
- Basic skills Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Various tools to create an online presence for a business on Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram etc
- Various image resolutions and compressions to ensure files and colours are ready for print or digital use.
- How to manage project workflows from ideas and briefs to final products
What do I need to get in?
Basic Computer Skills Knowledge (Creating folders, copying and pasting objects, formatting text, saving files, etc.)
What Certification do I get?
On successful completion, you will receive an ELMI Short Learning Programme Certificate in Graphic Design 101.
Modules that will be covered
- Fundamentals of Design
- Visual Communication
- Corporate Identity
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop CC 2017
- Introduction to Adobe Illustrator CC 2017
- Artwork Creation
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed against practical tasks and exercises that will be done during each session. It is critical that at least 90% of the classes are attended as various topics are covered by the lecturer during each session.
What opportunities does it create for me or my business?
- You will be able to create professional looking stationary for your own company or as a freelancer for other companies.
- Designing business cards, invitations, letterheads, brochures and product packaging.
- As a business owner, you will be able to ensure that your business always looks professional.
- As a freelancer, you will be able to earn an income by providing a basic service to small businesses.
- As a community worker, volunteer, or a “Mom”, you will get the skills to put together posters, flyers, or any communication or project that comes your way!
What are my options if I want to study further after the course?
Where will the classes be held?
The course will be run at our East London Campus at 231 Upper Oxford Street, Southernwood. Off-street parking is available in the evenings.
What’s included in my course fee?
- ELMI Registration fee
- Tuition material and textbooks
- Classroom Lectures and personal mentorship
- Assignments and assessments
- Marking, moderation and verification
- ELMI kit Bag