|SAQA ID:||67031||NQF Level:||NQF 6|
|Duration Full-Time:||18 months (Mon – Thurs)||Credits:||180 (theory) + 180 (in-service training)|
|Practical Component:||Yes||Duration Practical:||18 months in-service training|
National N Diploma in Art & Design
Is this for me?
Do you love art and want to take your skills to the next level? This programme offers you the perfect opportunity to improve on your talents and specialise in drawing, photography and painting enabling you to launch a career with a recognised qualification.
What do I need to get in?
- National Senior Certificate (Matric) OR
- a Senior Certificate with Art and a Portfolio OR
- an appropriate NCV (N4) or equivalent qualification with Art and a Portfolio
What certification do I get?
After you successfully complete each semester, you will achieve the following certification:
- National Certificate: N4 Art & Design (SAQA ID: 66831) NQF 5
- National Certificate: N5 Art & Design (SAQA ID: 66915) NQF 5
- National Certificate: N6 Art & Design (SAQA ID: 66994) NQF 5
The National N Diploma: Art & Design (SAQA ID: 67031) NQF Level 6 is awarded on completion of N4-N6 and 18 months/2000 hours relevant in-service training (documentary proof of applicable experience is required)
What modules are covered?
|National Certificate: N4 (6 months)||
|National Certificate: N5 (6 months)||
|National Certificate: N6 (6 months)||
|National N Diploma: Art & Design (SAQA ID: 67031)||
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed continuously throughout your studies and national examinations are written at the end of each semester that are set and administered by the DHET.
What career opportunities does it open for me?
- Freelance photographer
- Journalistic photographer
Where will the classes be held?
The course will be run at our East London Campus at 231 Upper Oxford Street, Southernwood. Off-street parking is available in the evenings.
What’s included in my course fee?
- ELMI Registration fee
- Tuition material and textbooks
- Classroom Lectures and personal mentorship
- Assignments and assessments
- Marking, moderation and verification
- ELMI Branded Kit Bag
- Access and use of ELMI computer studios
Additional costs to budget for?
- Material and resources required throughout the year.