|SAQA ID:||67044||NQF Level:||NQF 6|
|Duration Full-Time:||18 months (Mon – Thurs)||Credits:||180 (theory) + 180 (in-service training)|
|Duration Part-Time:||3 years (5:30PM – 8:00PM)(2 Evenings PW)||Practical Component:||Yes|
|Duration Practical:||18 months in-service training|
National N Diploma in Interior Design
Is this for me?
Do you have a flair for designing and decorating? Creating and coordinating beautiful spaces? This qualification is for you! You will gain the skills and knowledge required to launch a successful career in the exciting industry of Interior Decorating or the practical skills needed to start your own interior decorating consultancy.
What do I need to get in?
- National Senior Certificate (Matric) or a Senior Certificate or
- An applicable NCV 4 programme
What certification do I get?
After you successfully complete each semester, you will achieve the following certification:
- National Certificate: N4 Interior Decorating (SAQA ID: 66882) NQF 5
- National Certificate: N5 Interior Decorating (SAQA ID: 66970) NQF 5
- National Certificate: N6 Interior Decorating (SAQA ID: 67006) NQF 5
The National N Diploma: Interior Decorating (SAQA ID: 67044) NQF Level 6 is awarded on completion of N4-N6 and 18 months/2000 hours relevant in-service training (documentary proof of applicable experience is required)
What modules are covered?
|National Certificate: N4 (6 months)||
|National Certificate: N5 (6 months)||
|National Certificate: N6 (6 months)||
|National N Diploma: Interior Decorating (SAQA ID: 67044)||
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed continuously throughout your studies and national examinations are written at the end of each semester that are set and administered by the DHET.
What career opportunities does it open for me?
- Interior Decorating of homes, restaurants, retail outlets, corporate spaces, hotels, B&B’s. The list is endless…
- Start a business as an interior decorator
Where will the classes be held?
The course will be run at our East London Campus at 231 Upper Oxford Street, Southernwood. Off-street parking is available in the evenings.
What’s included in my course fee?
- ELMI Registration fee
- Tuition material and textbooks
- Classroom Lectures and personal mentorship
- Assignments and assessments
- Marking, moderation and verification
- ELMI Branded Kit Bag
- Access and use of ELMI computer studios
Additional costs to budget for?
- Material and resources required for practicals throughout the year.