|SAQA ID:||58376||NQF Level:||NQF 4|
|Duration Full-Time:||3 Months||Classes:||Mon – Fri|
|Duration Part-Time:||6 Months||Classes:||Mon – Thurs (2 Evenings P/W)
or Saturday mornings
FET Certificate: Bookkeeping (ICB)
Is this for me?
This is the second qualification on the ICB Financial Accounting Programme. Once you have completed the first qualification (NC Bookkeeping) you will be ready to build on those fundamentals to take control of the full bookkeeping function. This internationally recognised qualification will give you access to use the designation CSBIcba(SA) behind your name after 12 month’s work experience!
What will I learn?
- advanced monthly bookkeeping routines
- asset disposal,
- year-end adjustments,
- managing incomplete records
- advanced reconciliations
- analysis of financial statements
- understanding cash flow and
- basic cost and management accounts
What do I need to get in?
You would need to have completed the four subjects that form part of the National Certificate: Bookkeeping NQF L3 SAQA ID: 58375. RPL (recognition of prior learning) options are available for work experience and for previous qualifications or part qualifications on the NQF.
What certification do I get?
After you have successfully completed all modules in the programme you will be awarded a Further Education and Training: Bookkeeping NQF L4 (SAQA ID: 58376) awarded by FASSET. This programme is offered by The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers who is the registered assessment body for QCTO. For further information visit www.icb.org.za.
What modules are covered and how are they assessed?
|Description||POE||Assessment Formative||Assessment Summative|
|Cost and Management Accounting||YES||YES||YES|
- Ability to perform the month end bookkeeping activities as part of a team in a company
- or start your own bookkeeping company!!
- Career options Senior Bookkeeper, Junior Accountant, Assistant Accountant, Financial Services Officer, Credit Controller, Business Analyst.
- Be eligible, after 12 months’ work experience, for professional body membership with The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers and Accountants, as a Certified Senior Bookkeeper and use the designation CSBIcb(SA) behind your name!
What are my options if I want to study further after the course?
Where will the classes be held?
The course will be run at our East London Campus at 231 Upper Oxford Street, Southernwood. Off-street parking is available in the evenings.
What’s included in my course fee?
- ELMI Registration fee
- Tuition material and textbooks
- Classroom Lectures and personal mentorship
- Assignments and assessments
- Marking, moderation and verification
- ELMI Branded Kit Bag
- Access and use of ELMI computer studios