|SAQA ID:||58375||NQF Level:||NQF 3|
|Duration Full-Time:||6 Months||Classes:||Mon – Fri|
|Duration Part-Time:||12 Months||Classes:||Mon – Thurs (2 Evenings P/W)|
National Certificate: Bookkeeping (ICB)
Is this for me?
Every business needs someone to manage their books.
Want to be able to offer indispensable bookkeeping and accounting skills or become an accountant someday? This programme will equip you with accounting skills and an internationally recognised qualification that will secure your future and will give you access to use the designation CJBIcba(SA) behind your name after 6 month’s work experience!
What will I learn?
- Manual and computerised bookkeeping processes culminating in preparing a trial balance;
- supplier processing and reconciliations
- inventory control
- bank statements and reconciliations;
- payroll processing (including PAYE, UIF, SDL, etc.) and preparing the VAT returns
What do I need to get in?
Grade 10 (Std 8) or equivalent and be at least 16 years of age. RPL (recognition of prior learning) options are available for work experience and for previous qualifications or part qualifications on the NQF.
What certification do I get?
After you have successfully completed all modules in the programme you will be awarded a National Certificate: Bookkeeping NQF L3 (SAQA ID: 58375 awarded by FASSET. This programme is offered by The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers who is the registered assessment body for QCTO. For further information visit www.icb.org.za.
What modules are covered and how are they assessed?
|Description||POE||Assessment Formative||Assessment Summative|
|Bookkeeping to Trial Balance||YES||YES||YES|
|Payroll and monthly SARS Returns||YES||YES||YES|
What opportunities does it open for me or my business?
- Ability to perform the day-to-day bookkeeping activities as part of a team in a company
- or offer your own bookkeeping services part time
- Career options: Accounts Administrator, Payroll Administrator, Accounts Payable/Receivable Administrator
- Be eligible after 6 months’ work experience, for professional body membership with The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers and Accountants, as a Certified Junior Bookkeeper and use the designation CJBIcb(SA) behind your name!
What are my options if I want to study further after the course?
Where will the classes be held?
The course will be run at our East London Campus at 231 Upper Oxford Street, Southernwood. Off-street parking is available in the evenings.
What’s included in my course fee?
- ELMI Registration fee
- Tuition material and textbooks
- Classroom Lectures and personal mentorship
- Assignments and assessments
- Marking, moderation and verification
- ELMI Branded Kit Bag
- Access and use of ELMI computer studios