|SAQA ID:||20366||NQF Level:||NQF 6|
|Duration Full-Time:||6 Months||Classes:||Mon – Fri|
|Duration Part-Time:||12 Months||Classes:||Mon – Thurs (2 Evenings P/W)|
National Diploma: Financial Accounting (ICB)
Is this for me?
Want to be able to competently compile annual financial statements as a Financial Accountant?
This qualification is the fourth and final step in the ICB Financial Accounting programme that will enable you to qualify to practice as a registered FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT or an ACCOUNTING OFFICER.
What will I learn?
- How to compile Annual Financial Statements
- Knowledge of accounting theory and practice
- Corporate strategy
- International Financial Reporting Standards
What do I need to get in?
You would need to have completed the first eight (8) subjects that form part of the National Diploma Technical Financial Accounting NQF L5 (SAQA ID: 36213). RPL (recognition of prior learning) options are available for work experience and for previous qualifications or part qualifications on the NQF.
What certification do I get?
After you have successfully completed all modules in the programme you will be awarded a National Diploma: Financial Accounting NQF L6 (SAQA ID: 20366), by FASSET. This programme is offered by The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers who is the registered assessment body for QCTO. For further information visit www.icb.org.za.
What modules are covered and how are they assessed?
|Description||POE||Assessment Formative||Assessment Summative|
|Management Accounting Control Systems||YES||YES||YES|
|Financial Reporting and Regulatory Frameworks||YES||YES||YES|
|Research Theory and Practice||By short dissertation topic: Financial Accounting|
What opportunities does it open for me or my business?
- Registration with SAIBA as an Accounting Officer (once you have met their requirements) and
- Registration with SAIT as a Tax Practitioner (once you have met their requirements)
- Registration with ICBA as a Certified Financial Accountant and use the designation CFAIcba(SA).
- Work with Chartered Accountants and Auditors.
- Career Options: Tax Consultant, Management Accountant, Business Manager
What are my options if I want to study further after the course?
Where will the classes be held?
The course will be run at our East London Campus at 231 Upper Oxford Street, Southernwood. Off-street parking is available in the evenings.
What’s included in my course fee?
- ELMI Registration fee
- Tuition material and textbooks
- Classroom Lectures and personal mentorship
- Assignments and assessments
- Marking, moderation and verification
- ELMI Branded Kit Bag
- Access and use of ELMI computer studios