|SAQA ID:||36213||NQF Level:||NQF 5|
|Duration Full-Time:||3 Months||Classes:||Mon – Fri|
|Duration Part-Time:||6 Months||Classes:||Mon – Thurs (2 Evenings P/W)|
or Saturday mornings
National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting (ICB)
Is this for me?
This is the third qualification on the ICB Financial Accounting Programme. Once you have completed the first two bookkeeping qualifications you are now ready to gain all the skills and knowledge required to complete a full set of accounts for a financial year! This internationally recognised qualification will give you access to use the designation CTFAIcba(SA) behind your name after 24 month’s work experience!
What will I learn?
- full accounting functions
- accounting and business law
- income Tax and SARS Returns
What do I need to get in?
You would need to have completed the first six (6) subjects that form part of the Further Education and Training Certificate: Bookkeeping NQF L4 (SAQA ID: 58376). RPL (recognition of prior learning) options are available for work experience and for previous qualifications or part qualifications on the NQF.
What certification do I get?
After you have successfully completed all modules in the programme you will be awarded a National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting NQF L5 (SAQA ID: 36213) awarded by FASSET. This programme is offered by The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers who is the registered assessment body for QCTO. For further information visit www.icb.org.za.
What modules are covered and how are they assessed?
|Description||POE||Assessment Formative||Assessment Summative|
|Income Tax Returns||YES||YES||YES|
|Business Law and Accounting Control||YES||YES||YES|
What opportunities does it open for me or my business?
- With this qualification, you will be able to support your management or clients in finance and accounting or
- become a SAIT Tax Practitioner (once you have met SAIT’s requirements).
- Career options: Technical Financial Accountant, Financial Manager, Accounting Technician, Tax Technician, Financial Services Manager
- Be eligible, after 24 months’ work experience, for professional body membership with The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers and Accountants, as a Technical Financial Accountant and use the designation CTFAIcb(SA) behind your name!
What are my options if I want to study further after the course?
Where will the classes be held?
The course will be run at our East London Campus at 231 Upper Oxford Street, Southernwood. Off-street parking is available in the evenings.
What’s included in my course fee?
- ELMI Registration fee
- Tuition material and textbooks
- Classroom Lectures and personal mentorship
- Assignments and assessments
- Marking, moderation and verification
- ELMI Branded Kit Bag
- Access and use of ELMI computer studios